THE INSIDE NEEDED TO BE HEALED!


"Now you Pharisees make the outside of the cup and dish clean, but your inward part is full of greed and wickedness. Foolish ones! Did not He who made the outside make the inside also?" Luke 11:39-40

 
I would like you to meet a joyful mzee (elder man) named Joseph Gamubaka, I also want to tell you a little of his story I hope it may bless you as it has me.

Joseph has lived without full use of his two legs due to polio since his childhood. In Africa the disabled are looked upon as less than human and cursed. As Joseph grew older many “faith healers” told him he could be healed and delivered from this curse, one day there was a healing crusade nearby and a minister told him you need to come and be healed… Joseph proceeded to tell me he understood he needed healing, but not physically… Inside he needed to be healed, his heart needed to be changed. He told the minister what good is it if I can be healed and walk. Will I be like others who receive healing then I walk away get drunk and do whatever I want? The healing I need you cannot offer me. Later in life Joseph found that healing that only can come from God through Jesus   

“I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them.” Ezekiel 36:26-27

To this day Joseph is still disabled physically, but blessed beyond measure he teaches a sewing class inside an old abandoned building to other disabled individuals so they can learn a trade to make a living for themselves and not be idol. It was amazing to see how they all work and live together on this small block of buildings, they all have various disabilities, but Joseph and others repair clothes, one man washes and dries the clothes as a living and the mamas have an ironing business. They also meet together for prayer and worship regularly!

I was blessed to be in fellowship with them on Sunday, such a humble group I can only think of God looking down as a proud Father and smiling at these beautiful individuals and the love they have for each other.
 

This is one of many stories I hope to post over the next week or so as I continue my journey around East Africa, I’m still in Uganda for a couple more days then I will travel to Tanzania and from their back home to Kenya.

God bless you as you walk in obedience to Jesus Christ.

Charlton    

Comments

  1. I needed that today. How encouraging....thank you for sharing.

    ~Darla

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts